UK individuals, charities, community groups and businesses can now record their interest in supporting Ukrainians fleeing the war through the government’s new Homes for Ukraine scheme. The first phase of this scheme will allow sponsors in the UK to nominate a named Ukrainian or Ukrainian family to stay with them in their home or in a separate property. Sponsors will be asked to provide homes or a spare room rent-free for a minimum of six months. Those who sponsor a Ukrainian individual or family will not see their household benefit entitlements affected as a result. If this is something you would be interested in, you can find out more here.
Will Rickerby of Whitehaven has pledged to shave his head in exchange for donations towards Ukraine. All donations will be given to the British Red Cross: Ukraine Crisis Appeal
The Silly Goose, 11 Duke Street CA28 7ER Whitehaven
- Accepting general donations.
- Do not require any more clothing.
Tot Spot, Roper Street, CA28 7AR, Whitehaven
Items needed most are:
- Child and baby items
- Sleeping bags for adults and children
- Thermal clothing
- Dry food – preferably in instant pots, ready to use with boiling water
- Small packs of teas and coffee
- Sweets for children in small packs
- Protein bars or similar snacks
- Toilet rolls
- Thermal cups
- Tissues in small packs
- Flashlights – preferably head mounted
- Painkillers, Plasters, Bandages
- Sanitary towels
Please let us know if there is any information you would like us to share or update us on, email on firstname.lastname@example.org